Phyllis and the Aliens (Renatta and Rosalie Pettibone) are all kittens adopted from the Humane Society of Pierce County via the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee. Phyllis was born on October 27, 2007, while the Aliens were born on May 16, 2008.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

If you didn't want cats then how did you end up with three of them?

(Post by Matt) Good question. A lot of things happened over a long period of time. It didn't seem that they were connected. You see I am 46 years old. But I used to be younger-a lot younger. The whole story starts in the mid 60's with my father. I might get back to that. Since a cat knocks over a Christmas tree and shatters dozens of glass ornaments in that part of the story I probably will. I kept getting older but not really growing and I met Joe Tomlinson. No time really to explain Joe. It's too bad really. No smarter, funnier man has ever crossed my path. He introduced me to St. Francis of Assissi, not in person of course. He also challenged me with Socrates, Buddha, Confucius and Jesus. And they all ended up having a hand in me ending up with three cats. But it probably was St. Francis who clinched the deal. Of course I didn't know it at the time. But you probably guessed that.

I think friendship is important. If a friend needs a favor I will do my best to help out. It really is one of my worst qualities now that I reflect on it. Because I DIDN'T want any cats. It wasn't in my plan. O.K. I didn't have much of a plan but what I did have certainly didn't include a litter box. Or something that shed hair as big as tumbleweeds. But I ended up with both by doing a favor for my friend Keith. Just cat sit for my friend he said. She is staying with me but I am allergic. She will find a place of her own in a week or so and then the litter box and the bales of hay-I mean hair- will be out of your life forever. It didn't work out that way. But you probably guessed that.
Share/Save/Bookmark