Phyllis and the Aliens (Renatta and Rosalie Pettibone) are all kittens adopted from the Humane Society of Pierce County via the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee. Phyllis was born on October 27, 2007, while the Aliens were born on May 16, 2008.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The One They Call "Dingo"

So, I've received a few comments from folks varying from simply confusion, to amusement, to borderline unhappiness. Why? For the natural nickname we've given our wild animal Rosalie, little miss Dingo. Well, I figure it's probably time to reach out and give some examples of her "Dingoness".

First and foremost, the name stuck accidentally. I think "Hyena" is likely what both Matt and I were thinking when we said, "Hey! She's like a wild animal that makes funny noises and she certainly looks like a Dingo!". Well, the other day I did a little research on Google Image Search and.... She looks nothing like a Dingo. She looks like a Hyena and makes the strange noises (which we find absolutely adorable!!) like a hyena. For the first couple days after discovering this minor discrepancy, I didn't have the heart to tell Matt that we'd made a naming mistake. But then I thought, what does it hurt? We already have "the Dingo Song" (modeled after the very popular childhood "Bingo" dog song, you know, "And Bingo was his namO!! B-I-N-G-O....), she seems to like the name and.... Well, so we misplaced our understanding of which wild dog she looks and acts like! So what! :) 


She's our little Dingo! Don't get me wrong we still call her Rosalie... when she's acting civilized! Fortunately she fits perfectly into our household by rarely letting that civilized side out! HAHA!!

Besides I think Dingos have better PR these days. Seems like the movie statement, "The Dingos ate my baby!!!" has long passed as a concern. On the other hand the PR agent for the hyena still has a lot of work to do!!

We love our Dingo and hope you do too!
Share/Save/Bookmark