Phyllis and the Aliens (Renatta and Rosalie Pettibone) are all kittens adopted from the Humane Society of Pierce County via the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee. Phyllis was born on October 27, 2007, while the Aliens were born on May 16, 2008.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Phyllis's Story...

Matt and I adopted Phyllis on January 11, 2008 from the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee after reading (obsessively at times) their amazing and creative blog about the kittens they raise for the Humane Society of Pierce County.

Here's Phyllis's original set of blog entries from IBKC.

And her winning profile:
Name: Phyllis
Nickname: Philly, Philly Cheesesteak
Describe yourself in 20 words or less: Poofy, poofy, poofy. With a Raggedy Ann doll nose. I’ve been told I should be wearing a tiara.
What are your hobbies?
I think I’m a big kitty and like to hang out with my grown up foster siblings. I’m also a skilled galloper. You can hear me at about 10:00 every night.
Favorite toy:
Something round and fuzzy that I can prance around with in my mouth. (I’m also an excellent prancer.)
Dislikes:
People who think that beauty is only skin deep. Not!
Dream-home:
Lots of room to show off my “gettin’ around” skills. And a spot of sunshine to nap in.
An interesting fact about me: I purr on contact. Eye contact.
Minor Imperfection:
If you gaze at me for too long, you will find yourself completely overcome with the cuteness. Take the rest of the day off to recover.
Why should you adopt me?
Because you need a little glamour in your life. Besides, should you ever find yourself without one, I double quite nicely as a powder puff. If this kitten is your heart's desire, let me know and I'll connect you with her foster parents.

Her profile wouldn't really change a whole lot, but here is how it would read today:

Name:
Phyllis
Nickname:
Kitty, Bullet, Poopy-tail
Describe yourself in 20 words or less: Poofy, poofy, poofy. With a Raggedy Ann doll nose. I’ve been told I should be wearing a tiara. I'm still waiting for my tiara!
What are your hobbies?
Sleeping, following my daddy Rich around the house, helping papa Matt sweep and clean, chasing any living bug, butterfly, fly, or dust bunny around the house, galloping around the house, simulating the sound of a herd of elephants, drinking from the bathroom sink, showering with daddy Rich (I sit between the two shower curtains, though I do sometimes fall into the tub!)
Favorite toy:
Something round and fuzzy that I can prance around with in my mouth. (I’m also an excellent prancer.) My Laser and my feather on a string
Dislikes:
Sudden noises (particularly the coffee grinder), the Aliens (so far, this may change... hopefully)
Dream-home:
Lots of room to show off my “gettin’ around” skills. And a spot of sunshine to nap in, I have a bed in the sunny westerly window, I love my bin of my dads' socks to sleep in too
An interesting fact about me
: When I get excited I start making a "Wookie" sound and I often communicate any and all happiness with this sound.
Minor Imperfection: If you gaze at me for too long, you will find yourself completely overcome with the cuteness. Take the rest of the day off to recover. I'm a bit of a pest if you must sweep the floor or clean my litter box, I love to chase the broom and help clean the box JUST to make sure it's done right!

Why should you adopt me? Too late! I love my dads!

Here are some of Phyllis's gems from the IBKC:



The photo below made it onto our Capital One credit Card!! Ain't she a beauty???



Share/Save/Bookmark